The best articles, we have learned, come from network engineers (in all levels of experience from Network Admins to CCIEs) with real-life experience who want to share what they’ve learned (sometimes in a hard way!) with others.
Got any tips or tricks related to network engineering?
Do you have a rant or rave about a particular technology in this field?
You don’t have to be an amazing writer (or else you’ll be too busy doing book tours and enjoying life on royalties by now), but you need to be able to write clearly and concisely, with a bit of your personality thrown in there, too.
Here are a few categories we are interested to hear from you on:
- Routing & Switching
- Load Balancing
- Security (Firewalls, IPS/IDS)
- Data Center
- Cloud Computing
- Wireless Technologies
- Network Management
- Routing Protocols
- Network Virtualization (Router, Switch, Firewall, or Load Balancer Virtualization)
- Wan Optimization
- Network Certification
- Career Advancement
- Work/Professional Life
- Network Troubleshooting
We are also looking for vendor-specific articles. Some suggested network hardware/software manufacturers are:
- Palo Alto
- Tipping Point
- and others, just to name a few
We do ask you to follow a writing guideline, though. Based on our experience, this guideline provides articles with the best quality for our readers:
For each article we ask:
- Minimum 800 words and one image (make sure your image is copyright/royalty-free / CC0 if it’s not your own);
- Suitable for RouterFreak’s audience of network engineers;
- Unique content (not published anywhere else);
- No promotional/marketing/sales speech (we have advertising solutions for that);
- Subject to review and approval.
What’s for You
While we wish we could offer more, at this stage the budget is limited and we like to attract passionate people looking for exposure in the industry.
If you are fluent in English and would like to get exposure by writing for a leading website, fill out the form below. We would love to provide you with the opportunity to write for us.